Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Diary of Fred and Ginger

I don't know when or why I started calling Anna-Claire, Fred. It's not like she needs anymore nicknames. A C, ACE, A C KAT, Anna-Claire, Hey YOU, Monkey, and Fred. Well, she's never been that keen on it, until I told her she could either call me Ginger or Wilma (I don't need to explain this, do I?). And now that the kids are all in school, it's just her and I all morning. Until she goes to school at 12:30.
To be honest, one on one time in a house of five kids is practically impossible. So today was like a breath of fresh air. (For both of us)
We dropped the kids off, left the car at school, and walked to Main Street. We had bagels with cream cheese, Fred threw a penny in every fountain, checked out Culinary Corner, antique stores, and all the pink things we could find. You know, cause pink is (according to Fred) the best color. And when Main Street no longer held our attention, we walked (rather, Ginger walked, Fred hitched a ride on Ginger's back) to Lincoln Park.
Okay, so we did indulge and hit the McDonalds for a happy meal and said hello to our friends at Johnson's House of Flowers before it was time for school. But this was one of the best days I've ever had with my little Fred.

Quotes of the Day...
"Can we do this ever day?"
After hearing a motorcycle behind her "I did NOT fart!"
"Come on, Ginger!" "Let's go, Fred"
Hold's up an antique pink dress "I'm totally into this."
"LETS GO TO SCHOOL!"

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I LOVE this Kim!!! So glad you guys had such a great day! And thank you for sharing with us.