Monday, November 16, 2009

Half Santa, Half Scrooge!


Confession: I have no Christmas presents hiding in my closet.

You know what this means, right? SHOPPING! And I don't say that in a good way. I say it in a more Alfred Hitchcock, screaming and running in terror, kind of way.

At this time of year, yeah... I'm WAY behind.
Don't get me wrong. I love giving presents. I love finding that perfect gift that practically screams the person's name as I walk by it in the store. Its when I can't find it or its really expensive, that I'm frustrated and irritated and wishing I were somewhere else. Wishing Charlie Brown's Christmas were true and that we only sent Christmas Cards to people we really actually like, rather than every person we've ever met in our lives (and some we even haven't).
But the fact remains, I'm not Oprah with an endless supply of money to spend. And I'm not putting Christmas on credit. (Sorry, but THAT'S BAD!!!)

So this year, Santa Clause is not shopping at Enstoms(tear), Macy's, or the Apple store. Santa is going to the dollar store! An apple, orange, and a bag of peanuts fill a stocking up cheaper than anything else. I still get a thrill from wrapping up a two dollar box of chocolate covered cherries and hiding them under the tree(seriously, it's fun).

Well, now that I've psyched myself up for this... time to get going.

And by the way, we haven't done our Christmas Card photos yet either. *sigh*

No comments: