Friday, September 11, 2009

Dealing with Rejection

All of you know how hard I'm working on my book and that I've been submitting queries like mad. I realize that rejection is just part of the biz and have come to except them as a writer's reality.
Yesterday, I picked up a magazine for writers and flipped through some amazingly helpful info. On the way, I read that getting a "personalized" rejection was almost as good as gold. It means that that person spent their precious time to write you a letter that was in no way going to profit or benefit them.
So, I figured I would share this with you. And although, it sucks to get a rejection, it was very encouraging.


Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for submitting a query to me.
Although your story sounds interesting, it isn't something I am currently looking for (I already rep a similar story).

Because I am passing on your story at this time, it in no way means you should give up pursuing your writing dream.

Again, thank you for considering our agency and I wish you the very best of luck.

Christine Witthohn
cwitthohn@hotmail.com

No comments: