Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Simple and Delicious


For my birthday, I mentioned that the kids had given me a cooking magazine. Since then, I have been able to make nearly every recipe in the book. It's so fun, I'm really looking forward to next month. I just hope that it will live up to my expectations and not have any repeats.
The magazine is called, "taste of home's Simple and Delicious." So far, everything has been really easy, everyone's eaten it and asked for seconds, and my grocery bill has been a little less. (GO FIGURE!)
I've taken up the task of putting a star next to the recipe that I make. So far, these are the recipe's I've been able to fix.
*Creamy Spinach and Chicken Pasta (really good)
*Barbecued Ham Sandwiches
*Zucchini Parmesan
*Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
*Confetti Corn Salad (side dish)
*Cranberry-Pineapple Pork Chops (really good)
*Walnut and Broccoli Rice (side dish)
*Baked Parmesan Fish
*Potatoes, Peas, and Onions (catchy name, huh!)
*Toasted PB and Banana sandwiches
*Chicken Caesar Salad
*Sausage Egg Burritos
*Veggie Lasagna
*Garden Veggie Soup (Luke thinks it needed meat)
*Turkey Salad Sandwiches
*Mushroom Corn Chowder (very good!)
*Taco Avocado Wraps (really good and took 5 minutes to make)
*creamy pumpkin-filled biscuits (beware-makes a lot and extra cans of biscuits a must)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do you have pictured here? Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to mention that those were the creamy pumpkin filled pastries.