Monday, September 15, 2008

Completely Adorable Menu

I'm always happy to know that my kids want me home after I've been away. It makes me feel needed and...maybe the day's that I completely lose it...aren't creating a permanent scar to their oh so sensitive childhood.
Well after an absolutely fabulous week of Maui, swimming in the ocean, being pampered in a way I never had been, and forgetting what it sounds like to hear children fighting in the back of the car.
My (incredibly talented, more than admirable, amazingly brilliant, exceptionally loving) mom had let my children pick out their own birthday gifts for me.
So, not only did I get home jet lagged...I came home to a fresh dinner (chicken enchilada) in the fridge, and a pile of birthday presents that my kids had picked out.

SNIFF, SNIFF...It was sooooo sweet!

The were obviously thinking hard about what I do all day. They picked out soap, chocolate covered cherries (???umm ..ok...it's the thought that counts???), and a new cookbook magazine (so cool that my entire menu is compiled of all the new recipes).
Now after that ridiculously long entro....

My new menu
Sunday - Chicken salad sandwiches...followed by pumpkin cream turnovers

Monday - pork and bean casserole (since there was left over taco meat in the fridge)

Tuesday - vegetable soup and rolls

Wednesday - creamy, chicken penne

Thursday - Breakfast (It's cheap...what can I say)

Friday - I can look through my new magazine and come up with a bunch of never seen before recipes...I love that!

No comments: