Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Time Well Spent


Last week, we stopped by my parents house on the way home. It was a quick stop, you know the routine, "we're just picking something up, everyone stay in your seat belts, we'll leave the air conditioner on, Grandma and Papa will come out and say HI."
So the whole thing went as planned, we said hi, my mom brought cookies out to the car for the kids and we headed home.
Two seconds after we got home, my Dad pulls up the driveway in his truck. Just because he didn't feel like he had enough time with us. Time, that was it. He didn't need an excuse to come over, He just came. After about 30 minutes and a nice visit, he goes to get back into his truck, and Luke noticed something.
My Dad got into his truck and came to our house with NO SHOES ON!

Now some people would look at this as odd, crazy, or a little scatter brained, but not me.
I know my Dad just didn't care that his shoes were on, he just wanted to come over and wasn't willing to take the time on himself to put them on.

No comments: