Sunday, July 27, 2008

In All Honesty


I love my house. I mean it took an act of God to get this house to begin with. But it's funny how even though you have everything that seems to be perfect, you just want to peek over the other side to see what it might be like.
My major complaints for the neighborhood are....

*about 40% renters (which makes for lousy neighbors -most of the time)
*our house is in a direct flightline path(which you get used to and dont notice until your at someone elses house)
*our HOA dues are atsronomical - yet they cant get the guy to move his car that's been dead and parked on the wrong side of the street for two years.
*it's really a trek to drive anywhere and I typically have to plan everything around a twenty minute comute or more.
*the lot size is ridiculous and there is no RV parking whatsoever (which means everything goes in the garage...my car is slowly being pushed out)
*we're suppose to be getting annexed, and that's going to cost more (who knows how much more)

The plus side to staying here and being content with what God gave us....
*We wouldn't have to go into any more debt
*we already have three years of mortgage payments behind us
*We've already built strong memories here
*It's an absolutely beautiful house
*We would have to hire moving people, because there's just some stuff that is going to be impossible to move (and I hate moving)
*we can always remodel it if we need to
*I can always find someone living somewhere that I wouldn't want to live in a million years.

Luke and I took a drive, looking at houses that were available in the areas that we desired the most. After walking through a few, knowing one was too small, the other was ok and was nice, but was it going to be worth all the work and effort and memories lost? After pulling into the driveway of my completely comfortable, memory filled, 3% paid for house, I think we'll just stay home.

No comments: