Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Determined!

Well, the time has come to take up the ever tedious task of entertaining obscure relatives. My husband's grandmother and her new husband...at the age of 87...is visiting from Florida.

I'm determined not to freak out when:

1. They ask me for the one hundredth time if I'm having any more kids.

2. I see them kissing (they are newlyweds after all). Still, it's kind of...

3. They grab silverware out of the droor that didn't make it past inspection after going through the dishwasher.

4. The kids forget to flush the toilet.

5. The kids whine or ask for something they know they aren't allowed to have.

6. They decide that a restaurant is my idea of not having to work for dinner. (Like it's easy taking 5 children to a restaurant)

7. One of the kids picks their nose in front of them.

8. When Grandma decides it's important to tell me about her bathroom habits.

9. When they decide that Luke is commodity for running errands.

10. Last, but not least, If they come over and the house isn't perfectly clean.

I'll do my best, but that's all I can do...and NO MORE!

No comments: