Monday, June 2, 2008

Isn't Technology Wonderful!


This morning I took my three oldest kids to Vacation Bible School. Thinking, wow, this is great...but now what do I do with all this time and only two little girls. As I head to the car trying to figure out what I'm going to do at 9am in the morning I hit the button on my car remote. The one that opens the sliding doors. My three year old gets in on one side (very independently....and buckles herself up) and I go around to put the little one in her car seat. Little did I know that Dulcey had pulled on the car door handle at the same time....sending the car door into a fit. Opening and then suddenly closing again, but not before my three year old tried to get in. I was around the other side of the car and not aware of what was about to ensue. The next thing I hear is a scream....I immediately hit the door button again thinking she had gotten her fingers caught in the door. I ran around the car found her crying and checked all of her fingers. "Dulcey, where did the door get you?" I look at her face to see blood coming from her nose. Yep, the door closed on her nose! I know...it's not a great image to get in your head. Although, after the fact, she's fine...she just has some red lines on her nose that will go away in a few days....it really is comical.

No comments: