Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tears of Frustration


What is it about girls that make them so mean. I know we all have our own insecurities, but why must they pick on others in such ruthless ways to make themselves feel better.

Yesterday, I was sitting in Bethany's ballet class waiting for her to come out of the dressing room and start her class. When I overheard two girls talking about Bethany. All they said was her age and then they gave a sarcastic look to each other, then one said "yeah, I know." All I could think was, "what the heck was that suppose to mean?"

Later on in the middle of class, as they were going over routines and combinations. I heard her teacher clearly say to go over to the corner of the room. It's not what the teacher mean't, but it is what she said. So, of course, Bethany headed over to the corner of the room. She was promptly corrected to move to the line that she was previously in. That was the very second I saw these two girls roll their eyes at each other in complete dissaproval at my daughter who was only trying to do as directed.

Ugh! The frustration I feel! I really don't know what to do about the whole situation.

Bethany, however is becoming a hero to me more and more everyday. She doesn't need the approval of these girls and she certainly doesn't have self esteem issues that can't be resolved by her own parents approval. She has to work harder than anyone else for everything she learns, and things have never come easy to her. That is exactly why I am so proud of her for working so hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethany certainly has a great self esteem. Lunch out today was great. She is growing up to be quite something. She said her one of her favorite things to do is to put things together such as in cooking. She suggested I make Papa asparagus spaghetti and told me how to make it. I think the boys told her to get an Indiana Jones lego. We couldn't find one, so she got a Polly Pocket.

She is a dear!