Friday, May 9, 2008

Party Time Planning


Here we go!


The kids birthday party is tomorrow. So here's what I have to do today so I don't go insane tomorrow.

The party theme this year is Pirates. Go figure!

First thing, get things done that can be done early.

*We're having a treasure hunt. I need to pick a spot to hide the treasure chest (containing all of the kids swords, eye patches, gold coins, rings, bandanas, and candy for the loot bags). Write it all on treasure hunt cards so they can follow the instructions themselves.

*Bake the cake. I need it to be cold tomorrow. So I can cut, frost, and decorate it without having it crumble into a heap.

*Wrap all of the kids gifts. I've done this a week early in the past and it just creates chaos, so I only put them out a day early at the most.

*Find tiki torches and oil. They must be in the garage, I think. Everyone loved them at the party last year and they are really nifty once it starts to get dark.

*Last minute grocery shopping. We're having barbecue chicken, brats, and hotdogs. Guac dip and chips (I know that doesn't really go with anything for this party, but they're Codeman's favorite thing) Fruit and veggie trays and one more side that I haven't decided.

*Drink list- margaritas(woo hoo), pina coladas (you can't have a pirate party without Rum), and my husband's personal favorite Coronas( can you say bleck)

It's going to be too fun!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The party was great! You are so creative. I can't believe all the work you did. I especially think the kids had a terrific time!

Mom