Monday, May 19, 2008

Air bags, vasectomies, and toilets


Lord,I'll praise you in the storm!


I don't know if anyone of you have ever experienced this, but the phone rings and you know. You just know, whatever is on the other end is not good. Of course, you answer it, hoping your wrong, but when the other person says "hi" it solidifies all fears. Every loved one you know runs through your mind at the speed of light. (Who? How Bad? What Do You Need?)

That phone call came yesterday morning. My grandfather drove his car into a parked trailer. The trailer was none the worse for wear, but my grandpa's car deployed the airbags and sent him to the hospital.

( Ok, but he's alright, he's fine. I dont see the need for you to come to the hospital and have Luke stay home with the five kids. He's going to be going home later today anyway.)

So I breathe a huge sigh of relief, get the crew ready for church, and off we go.

The phone rings this morning and wouldn't you know it, that same feeling flooding back. "hi"

So grandpa took a turn for the worst. Looks like he's make it, but his heart's weak and he's on a ventilator.

When did it go from he's going home to a ventilator?


The phone rings for a second time, "hi" . It's a good friend of mine. She says "I think I'm pregnant." Not the best timing...several months after he got a vasectomy.


About 2 hours later, Cody comes running down the stairs crying "MOM!" Then proceeds to throw up down the stairs, all the while me yelling "GO TO THE TOILET!"


Which brings me to my point. Life is so quick, sudden, and unexpected. I suppose the best thing to do is laugh at days like this. It can really only get better. (I think)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's times like these that remind us that God is in control of each and every moment. Comfort for the weary soul. Glad your grandfather is stabilized. Love ya!