Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's Not So Bad


I've recently stepped up my workout routine. Crazy? I used to think so.
With dirty looks and cursing those who did this, I went running. Not the first time ever, but the first time with an actual goal. The first day was two miles of complete torture. I think I walked half of it. I cried half and I swore people who did this in the name of "fun" were insane.
Yet, I did it again. And again. And again. And again. Now, I find that I can't get enough.
Not only am I finally able to eat that french fry that I haven't in three years, I'm finally dropping those last ten vanity pounds without losing muscle and hair.
I know ... it sounds like total ridiculous torture to someone who doesn't run... but I swear, I never thought I could do this. Trust me, it gets easier so much faster that I thought it could.

On an important note... good running shoes, athletic insoles, and finding someone who can watch you and correct your running form is a major deal. Shin splints are no fun at all!

Now... my goal is to kick freakin arse at the warrior dash in august. Yeah... I know. I guess I've got a competitive streak that runs deep, but only seeps out when called to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Kimberly. It is addicting for sure!! Where are you running in the pic above? That looks like a place I've GOT to run... Gorgeous!!!!

disseria said...

I wish I had that kind of drive. I used to exercise regularly, but it was so easy to just stop O_o