Monday, August 4, 2008

On the Line.....


I'm laying it all on the line....

Along with all the questions I hear in a day, this time of year brings up the particular question.

SO WHERE DO YOU GO TO SCHOOL?

My kids are forced to say, "we homeschool" followed by an "ooooh."

I stand with pride, and always hear what follows. A "wow!"
But it brings into question....WHY?
WHY would I homeschool my children?

Of course I think back to when I began and all the reasonings I had then.
(sorry I do everything in lists, but it's just my style)

1. Because my heart broke every time I left them at school.
2. Because we decided that the center of their universe should be their home.
3. Because my children are not something I'm not willing to take my chances on.
4. Because the Bible says " teach them in the way they should go and when they are old, they will not depart from it."
5. Because I know that a system that is in rebellion against God cannot be a positive influence on my children.
6. Because God gave these children to me to raise, not a system, and I am the one that knows what's best for each of them.
7. Because, even though I'm not the smartest person in the world, my kids will be raised with the TRUTH.
8. Because when I went on my knees with prayer, it was the one thing that God and I could be comfortable with.
9. Because I don't have to worry about who's telling my children things I don't want them to hear.
10. Because it's challenging, and I want my children to learn how to work hard.


With tears and a lot of emotions I give you a portion of my all....
There are more, but these are just a few important reasons why I homeschool.

(in no particular order)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said! And here's some luv for you lady!

Anonymous said...

You are tuggin at my heart strings. I can completely understand why you homeschool. More power to ya!